- Pre-heat the glass the beverage will be served in and place
- Begin grinding beans by turning on grinder.
- Immediately remove porta-filter, knock out old grounds into
a tamp box, and wipe basket dry with a cloth.
- As coffee is still grinding dose enough coffee to fill the
basket and stop the grinder.
- Level the grounds in the basket by pulling them forward and
then pushing them to the opposite side until the whole basket is evenly
- Take the tamper and press down with 5 pounds of
pressure. Gently knock the porta-filter with the back of the tamper
and press down with 30 pounds of pressure. Polish the surface by
turning 720° while pressing with about 20 pounds of pressure.
- Let 2 ounces of water flow through group head.
- Place porta-filter in group head and turn on pump.
- When espresso begins to flow, start timing.
- Stop the flow of espresso after 25 seconds, after 1.5
ounces has been brewed, or after it begins to turn slightly lighter in color.